[Product-Developers] plone.z3cform + i18n, how?

Toni Mueller toni.mueller at oeko.net
Thu Apr 16 16:29:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

while trying to create my first forms with plone.z3cform, I found that
using non-ascii labels and values from the code seem to be a problem,
yielding error messages like "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't
decode byte 0xc3 in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)" while trying
to render the form. Also, messages sometimes appear in English (like
the default answers for a Bool field). Therefore I thought I'd best
create the whole form in English and translate it thereafter, using eg.
i18ndude, but don't know how to best approach this problem. I need to
cover all labels, buttons, and error messages. But looking into the
generated form makes me wonder how to do this, preferably without using
a custom template - no form element has any i18n labels attached.

TIA!

Kind regards,
--Toni++