[Product-Developers] Re: [ann] collective.autorestart - no more Plone restarts

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Wed Apr 15 12:54:58 UTC 2009

> What I did notice is that afterwards I could not shut down my zope
> instance anymore.  I started it on the foreground, then changed
> something to cause a reload and then I could not use CTRL-C anymore to
> stop the instance.  I had to use kill.

> I take it collective.autorestart does not work when starting the
> instance on the foreground?

It works when started in the foreground mode.

However, this is a known issue (README.txt). I don't know what's
causing in and it doesn't happen all the time.

- Monitor thread ends up to foobar state blocking the process from dying

- inotify ends up to a foobar state blocking the process from dying

I am not OS expert so I fixing this is not on very high priority.

-Mikko