[Product-Developers] Re: [ann] collective.autorestart - no more Plone restarts

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Apr 15 12:29:15 UTC 2009

Mikko Ohtamaa, on 2009-04-15:

> Hi fellow developers,
>
> Please checkout this
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=collective.autorestart&version=0.1.1&:action=display

<nitpicking>
Shorter url that works too:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.autorestart
</nitpicking>

> It's a combination of inotify file monitoring + plone.reload to
> automatically reload changed code files when you save them in your
> favorite editor. No more Plone restarts!

It worked in an initial small test, so thanks for creating this!

What I did notice is that afterwards I could not shut down my zope
instance anymore.  I started it on the foreground, then changed
something to cause a reload and then I could not use CTRL-C anymore to
stop the instance.  I had to use kill.

I take it collective.autorestart does not work when starting the
instance on the foreground?

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/