[Product-Developers] Adding an "object lock state" in CacheSetup for ETag computation

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:07:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2009, at 12:26 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> to make CacheFu work properly with ETags, I had to append in the ETag the
>> lock state
>> of the object:
>>
>> ILockable(object).locked()
>>
>> Otherwise, when you unlock an object the unlock panel will not disappear
>> even if the object is locked. I suggest adding this to CachSetup in the list
>> of elements that can be checked in the configuration panel to compute Etag
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tarek
>> --
>

> How's this...
>
> http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/84124

That's great !! thanks Ricardo

Maybe the call "ILockable(object).locked())" can be protected from the
TypeError, in case the object
doesn't support the ILockable.

(I don't know Plone enough for that to know if it's the way to go)

Cheers

--
Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org