[Product-Developers] oxs and python2.4 trouble

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Apr 5 09:31:13 UTC 2009

This question has nothing to do with plone product development.
Ask on the Python users list.

- -aj

On 05.04.2009 11:24 Uhr, SauZheR at gOOgle wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please help me in this trouble i falled in.
>
> I was very exciting of my new macbook pro in starting developing plone
> products as usual. In before, i was on some linux distros that work
> very well.
>
> Now the first 3 things i've done, after bringing my mac at home were:
> re-initializing the system; installing xcode; compiling python2.4.6
> and starting to checkout my sources to continue the job.
>
> The trouble started when I needed to debug.
> So I inserted the breakpoint as  usual: import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
>
> The problem is that whichever command i send the results is the same.
> At the second command zope kick me out returning me the shell prompt.
> No traceback, no error shown.
>
> After of that i realized that the problem raises itselfs even in a
> simple python shell.
> here is the log of the shell:
>
> SauZheR:~ sauzher$ python2.4
> Python 2.4.5 (#1, Apr  5 2009, 10:34:43)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)] on darwin
> Bus error
> SauZheR:~ sauzher$
>

> I know most of you are using a mac to develop, and i'd like to know if
> someone was on this problem and if so how he was able to get out.
>
> mac os version is 10.5.6 and the same happens for python2.4.6 but NOT
> for native python2.5 that works well (but not siutable for zope/plone)
>
> please help.
> alessandro.

- --
Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK