[Product-Developers] Re: collective.solr's search interface

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Wed Sep 24 19:04:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:13:36 +0200, Roché Compaan
<roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Inside collective.solr's ISearch interface there is the comment "FIXME:
> this should be defined in a generic package". It turns out that I
> actually needed a generic package since I am building a SQL based
> indexer and search dispatcher using SQLAlchemy. So I created a generic
> package named collective.search that contains the interfaces and the
> dispatcher that is currently in collective.solr. I haven't committed
> this yet but like to know if some of the collective.solr developers have
> any objection against me committing collective.search into the
> collective repos.

no objections -- we haven't started that package yet, because we wanted to
first wait and see what's really needed instead of designing away and
potentially missing the point.  but we'll have start eventually.  so
please go ahead, perhaps this will help get the discussion going
finally... :)

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de