[Product-Developers] Remember Question - What should I do with the Member type?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Sep 6 17:36:27 UTC 2008

I installed membrane 1.1b3 and remember 1.1b1 on a new plone 3.1.5.1. I
want to use member_approval_workflow for all members, and I have a
remember product patterned after the remember-example. It all works, but
I have a "best practices" question.

What workflow should I associate with the Member object type? The
default comes up member_auto-workflow. Does it matter?

Should I remove this object type from portal_types?

My fear is that somehow a setting will be changed and someone could join
the site as a Member type instead of going through the remember based
workflow.

Thanks!

Mark