[Product-Developers] Re: How to deploy a plone 3 site??

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Sep 3 20:42:51 UTC 2008

David Bain, on 2008-09-03:
> Perhaps I'm misreading the vanrees.org blog, but it seems to imply
> that eggs you develop yourself go into the src/ directory, even when
> they are production eggs.

Partly.  The eggs you develop yourself indeed go in the src/ dir.  But
the stable.cfg that will be used in production (extended by
production.cfg) will not mention those development eggs.

For each development egg an official egg is made (on the cheese shop
or on an internal egg server).  Production uses those eggs.

So the src/ directory and the products/ directory (for old-style
products) are still there on the production server but they are not
used.  In fact, I am pondering removing those two directories on the
buildout tag.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/