[Product-Developers] Why utf-8 characters in .pt files in fail?

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Thu Oct 30 14:25:11 UTC 2008

> *Trible* check that the encoding of your template is really utf-8. If it
isn't utf-8, you have to specify a different encoding within the
.metadata file of the related template (I think
[default]\ncharset=iso-8859-15 for example).

Got it working, thanks! The problem is that my metadata filename didn't have
a proper name (.metadata instead of .pt.metadata). Talk about DRY
principle... I finally noticed this by feeding garbage into .metadata.

Another question: Why does not .pt default to utf-8? utf-8 is a bit like
standard nowadays, isn't it? :)