[Product-Developers] Dicts and lists in local utilities

Nigel Sim nigel.sim at jcu.edu.au
Wed Oct 29 11:28:42 UTC 2008

I am using a locally registered utility for storing site-wide settings
for my product, a la
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/adding-configuration-settings-using-zope-3-schemas-and-formlib
.

This seems to work ok for the really simple settings which are just
strings. However I have an admin editable list of remote servers,
represented as dicts. These do not get persisted.

After reading about the Zope persistence I tried
persistent.list.PersistentList() but the lists still end up empty
after a restart.

Is there a way to get these local utilities to persist the list, or am
I going to have to create a tool-style folder and populate it with
proper zope/plone objects?

Cheers
Nigel