[Product-Developers] Multilingual portlets

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Fri Oct 17 13:09:12 UTC 2008

Le 17 oct. 08 à 12:33, Andreas Jung a écrit :

> Do we have a common approach for providing multi-lingual portlets?
> E.g. a static text portlet must show its content in either EN or DE.
> Obviously plone portlets don#t integrate with LinguaPlone. Solutions
> would be to extend the text portlet with multiple text fields (one
> for each language) or having an extended text portlet with a
> language flag and the portlet manager would be aware of the language
> and display portlets only for a given language...any ideas?
HI,

My idea is having a "language" selector facing each portlet in the
portlets manager, which default value is "any language". And a choice
of languages built from the site languages config panel.
I didn't grep much in the portlets manager machinery to check if this
can be done easily.
This could solve the problem for any kind of portlet.

My 10 cents...