[Product-Developers] Python script differ n ZMI

Sergey V. sergey.volobuev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:14:53 UTC 2008

monks wrote:

> Actually, i'm trying to Customize my Python Script from
> /portal_skins/My_product/product.py to /custom dir.
> After customizing, when open my form, it doesn't reflect any changes im
> doing using ZMI, not even a print command.
> I don't know reason behind this, as it's reading code from Python script
> from my /Products dir, everytime i execute form.

- Check layer order in portal_skins - custom must be above My_product
- check the address your form is posting to - it should not include
portal_skins/My_product
- make sure your script returns anything - print statements in PythonScripts
actually don't output anything unless you do 'return printed'. So try to
start with

return "Hello, World!"