[Product-Developers] Re: ZSQL call problem

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 3 13:52:27 UTC 2008

monks wrote:

> So, Plz tell me what to do now ?
> I've ZSQL "search" method

I'm not sure whether that means ZSQL Method, or Z Search method, but you
want both.

> , with multiple argm, and i need to display the
> result in Web Browser.
> So far, I've used Python script, call ZSQL method with param, and then
> called PT which is supposed to display Search result, from ZSQL method.

If you add a Z search method, it creates all the code for you and "Just
Works".

Go to the ZMI, wherever your ZSQL method is, and add a "Z Search
Interface" - the text on the add page is misleading, because it
says "allows you to search Zope databases", when it actually lets you
search either Zope or SQL databases.

Your ZSQL method should be an option in the first box.  Select it, fill in
the rest of the form, and select "Generate Page Templates".  That's all
there is to it.
--
derek