[Product-Developers] collective.lead an ODBC iSeries DB2 Database

Rudá Porto Filgueiras rudazz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:23:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Christian Klinger
<cklinger at novareto.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i try to connect with collective.lead to an iSeries DB2 Database.
> I use the pyodbc python module for this.
>
> This piece of code is working:
> import pyodbc
> conn = pyodbc.connect('DSN=AS400')
> curs = conn.cursor()
> curs.execute('select count(edokimp_id) from edokimp')
> print curs.fetchall()
>
> Now some questions:
>
> Is it possible to use pyodbc with sqlalchemy and collective.lead?
> How do i specify my sa.engine.url.URL?
>
> class MyDatabase(Database):
>    @property
>    def _url(self):
>        return sa.engine.url.URL(????)

I dont' think it will work, DB2 is not listed on
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/dbengine.html#dbengine_supported.

> Is it a good idea to post this to sqlalchemy too?

Ask if anyone can use SQLAlchmey with DB2.

> Thanks for help.

Rudá Porto Filgueiras
Weimar Consultoria

http://python-blog.blogspot.com

Hospedagem Plone, Django, Zope 3, Grok...
http://www.pytown.com