[Product-Developers] INSTALL.txt boilerplate for buildout?

Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:31:58 UTC 2008

Hi Martijn

> It isn't, but it does not include additional instructions when not yet
> released as an egg.

In that case, a phrase like "If this package has been released as an
egg, ..." would work wonders ..

> You'll need to add the path to your develop line
> too, in that case. This'll make sure buildout processes setup.py and
> generates the egg metadata.

Ah! That word "too"! I didn't realize that you have to add lines to
*both* the egg and develop-eggs sections, and I can't find it in
either
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout or
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/buildout/tutorial-all-pages

Should buildout complain if it finds something in 'develop-eggs' with
nothing corresponding in 'eggs'? It does something (add a link file)
but it doesn't look as if this is useful.

--