[Product-Developers] Using development eggs

Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:50:40 UTC 2008

At http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout I read:
"If a file path is given, it should point to a Python setup script. If
a directory path is given, it should point to a directory containing a
setup.py file."

But when I run ./bin/buildout with a config including paths to
develop-eggs, all that happens is that a link file is created in the
develop-eggs directory. The setup script isn't actually run, no
installation happens.

I guess I'm misunderstanding how this is supposed to work ..

--