[Product-Developers] INSTALL.txt boilerplate for buildout?

Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:57:39 UTC 2008

Hi there

I'm fiddling with 'collective.transmogrifier' at the moment. I followed
the instructions in the INSTALL.txt file, but that results in:

"""
We have no distributions for collective.transmogrifier that satisfies
'collective.transmogrifier'.
Couldn't find index page for 'collective.transmogrifier' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'collective.transmogrifier'.
While:
  Installing instance.
  Getting distribution for 'collective.transmogrifier'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'collective.transmogrifier'.
"""

The same goes for 'plone.app.transmogrifier'. Am I right in assuming
that INSTALL.txt is unread boilerplate?

If so, I would like to plead for putting the boilerplate text in some
place such as docs-templates/INSTALL.txt and not incorporated in 'docs'
prematurely.

--