[Product-Developers] ATCT development for plone 3

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Fri Nov 14 06:09:28 UTC 2008

ataulla wrote:

> I need complete reference of plone 3. where will I get it???

The shitty truth is that there is no reference or catalog for Plone 3,
GenericSetup XML, ZCML, interfaces or API documentation. The best way to get
started is order Martin's Professional Plone Development book.

As you already are in the hard core of Plone developent, the ways to
progress are

* Asking questions on IRC

* Asking questions on mailing lists

* Read collective repository source code about related products

* Plone/Zope doc tests - e.g. README.txt files which are written in the unit
testing way

Progressing this way is very slow and causes a lot of head ache - I
personally hate it and I wish I could do something for it on my 4 hours per
week. There is very recent discussion on the documentation team list for
possible solutions to solve the lack of incomplete development documentation

However if you still insist to have "complete reference" I can write one for
$$$$ and you can come to pick it up from Oulu, Finland :)

Cheers,
Mikko