[Product-Developers] Re: How to manage the first upgradeStep as an initial import step

Encolpe Degoute encolpe.degoute at ingeniweb.com
Thu Nov 13 10:09:27 UTC 2008

Hello,
I'm trying to setup a site using only upgrade steps from GenericSetup
 and I cannot find a nice way to setup the initial import.

My profiles.zcml contains this code:

  <genericsetup:upgradeSteps
      profile="my.site:default"
      source="unknown"
      destination="1.0.0"
      sortkey="0"

      <genericsetup:upgradeStep
          title="create inital content for my Intranet"
          description=""
          handler="my.site.setuphandlers.createBaseStructure"
          />
  </genericsetup:upgradeSteps>

  <genericsetup:upgradeSteps
      profile="my.site:default"
      source="1.0.0"
      destination="1.0.1"
      sortkey="1"

      <genericsetup:upgradeStep
          title="Remove root skin of Phantasy"
          description=""
          handler="my.site.setuphandlers.setupPhantasy"
          />
  </genericsetup:upgradeSteps>

The first upgradeSteps have 'unknown' as source because GenericSetup
returns this value for an installed profile for which no upgradeSteps were
done.
My problem is that once this first upgradeSteps was ran, it is still shown
as
to do step. I tried 'unknown' and '0.0' as value for the first step.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this ?

An extra feature I should want is that first step would be run automatically
when I run the first import of the profile.

Which community have the leadership on GenericSetup development ?

Regards,

--
Encolpe Degoute - Consultant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632