[Product-Developers] Re: Objects in folder not orderable

Mikel Larreategi mlarreategi at codesyntax.com
Wed Nov 12 14:02:41 UTC 2008

Alex Clark(e)k dio:
> Hi all,
>
> I created this product with paster:
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.todo/trunk/
>
> It contains two content types 'Todo folder' and 'Todo item'. Todo items
> are supposed to be orderable inside a Todo folder (like any Plone object)
> but they are not.
>
> Martin and dixond said to 'mix in orderable' but it seems to me
> I should get that with base.ATCTContent?
> (http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.todo/trunk/Products/todo/content/todoitem.py)
> Also, I don't see any ATContentTypes mixing in orderable so it must come from somwhere...
>
> Anyway, I can't get it to work. What am I missing?

The same happened to me last week. Your item has blank spaces in its
portal type and have no meta type set apparently.

http://www.codesyntax.com/cs-workshop/blog/i-cant-reorder-elements-in-a-folder

Put a pdb in the ordering code (Archetypes/OrderedBaseFolder.py or
something like that) and check the meta type of your objects and the
meta type of the FTI, one will be "TodoItem" and the other "Todo Item".

Mikel

--
Mikel Larreategi
mlarreategi at codesyntax.com