[Product-Developers] Re: Plone Developer Cheatsheet

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri May 30 04:25:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Daniel Nouri <daniel.nouri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Propose: Add a section "Forms", pull out PloneFormGen, zope.formlib and
> z3c.form out of the their current sections and put them all there, side
> by side....

I see Daniel's point, and would go a bit further: I'd say that
PloneFormGen, per se, doesn't belong on a developer's tech list at
all. It's aimed at being a versatile tool for content managers and
integrators.

However, adding new field and action types to PFG might be a very
reasonable topic, and is -- I think -- roughly on the level of
developing new content types with Archetypes.

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC
steve at reidmcmahon.com
steve at dcn.org