[Product-Developers] Re: Selenium tests

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu May 29 01:24:19 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone successfully using Selenium testing in projects? My goal is:
>
>   - to use existing PloneTestCase + a custom layer for fixture setup
>   - to use DemoStorage
>   - to record tests using the Selenium IDE for firefox (which supports
> Python output)
>   - to run tests as part of a buildbot

My efforts to look into this have resulted in
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.ploneseltest - feedback welcome!

I think it's working now, though I'm not 100% sure I understand how the
test tear-down is being done with PloneTestCase.FunctionalTestCase,
which in turn means that there may be better ways of preparing data.

I've also had some strange transaction/_p_jar problems. I've done an
explicit commit that seems to fix it, but there may be other similar
problems that I haven't run into yet.

Cheers,
Martin