[Product-Developers] Caching browser views and resources (was "Where does it hurt?")

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Fri May 23 02:43:58 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:

>>> For the record, I disagree with this (and so does my book).
>>>
>>> I think browse views are vastly superior to skin layer templates,
>>> because they give you a sensible place to put view logic. Last I
>>> checked, they do cache in CacheFu as well.
>> Browser views do cache. Browser resources do not.
>
> True that. I wonder how hard it'd be to fix, since we fixed it for
> views?

Depends on what you mean by "cache".  I don't believe CacheFu provides
"in-memory" caching of either browser views or browser resources
although it can attach cache control headers to browser views to
moderate the caching behavior downstream of the server (in proxies or
the browser).

See http://www.openplans.org/projects/cachefu/lists/cachefu-dev/archive/2008/04/1209370823611

Ric