[Product-Developers] Re: Using a folder default-page without hiding it in the nav tree?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed May 21 07:41:53 UTC 2008

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 20. Mai 2008 21:04:41 +0100 Martin Aspeli
> <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I brought this issue up some time ago but the usability of default pages
>>> for folders is still broken in Plone 3.1. Is there any way to protect
>>> the  disappearance of the default page from the navigation? Neither by
>>> using a  redirection python script nor by adding something like a link
>>> object  pointing to the default page?
>>
>> You could customise the navtree query builder or strategy
>
> I can, "standard" users can't. I would like to see that there is a
> configuration option for enabling/disabling such restrictions.

What adds to the confusion is that we have an "exclude from navigation"
flag in the default settings by now.

Why not make this setting the only thing there is and maybe trigger
setting it for items assigned as default view. That way people could
simply tick it off again and the item would reappear in the navigation.

Just thinking out loud ...

Raphael