[Product-Developers] Re: Using a folder default-page without hiding it in the nav tree?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed May 21 06:06:30 UTC 2008

--On 20. Mai 2008 21:04:41 +0100 Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I brought this issue up some time ago but the usability of default pages
>> for folders is still broken in Plone 3.1. Is there any way to protect
>> the  disappearance of the default page from the navigation? Neither by
>> using a  redirection python script nor by adding something like a link
>> object  pointing to the default page?
>
> You could customise the navtree query builder or strategy

I can, "standard" users can't. I would like to see that there is a
configuration option for enabling/disabling such restrictions. The current
implementation is a paternalism for lots of users and it is hard to
convince them with arguments why it is implemented as it is. They consider
this behavior as a bug and start with insane workarounds - because they
don't have skills and time for a proper solution as you indicated.

Andreas