[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Andy McKay andy at clearwind.ca
Wed May 21 05:30:10 UTC 2008

On 20-May-08, at 5:43 PM, Jon Baldivieso wrote:
> The main win (for us at least) for using DTML in our CSS isn't
> logic, per se; it's the ability to grab the portal_url variable so
> that we can set background images with an absolute url.  (We do that
> in every single customized theme we create, and like Wiggy, I
> shudder at the thought of doing that in

There's no logic in there, just variable substitution. I've always
thought the simplest and probably lowest barrier to entry way to
output the CSS would be using python strings. All it needs is:

background-image: %(absolute_url)s/someicon.gif

Point people to the Python docs for string substitution and move on to
bigger issues.
--
   andy