[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue May 20 13:34:15 UTC 2008

Dylan Jay schreef:

> pretty much all that gets replaced is colours + 2 widths. so I don't
> think matters much the templating. I'd personally prefer no logic in the
> css since it makes it hard to work with css people who aren't programmers.

 From a caching viewpoint, I normally end up putting &dtml-portal_url;
everywhere into the css files to make sure all the images and so are
loaded from one place and not 20 times from /img.jpg,
/subfolder/img.jpg, /sub/sub/img.jpg and so on.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/
reinout at vanrees.org          Work: http://zestsoftware.nl/