[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

David Bain david.bain at alteroo.com
Tue May 20 02:34:59 UTC 2008

The skin layer/directory resources vs browser views/resources is an
interesting issue. There are a few products (CSSManager comes to mind) that
build on the skin layer and dtml based stylesheet way of doing skinning.
Skins that don't do the "DTML thing", lose the benefit of these products. In
Plone OOTB theme project (
http://www.openplans.org/projects/ootb-plone-themes/), the consensus has
been that we should be sensitive to this and include dtml based css files,
preferably in skin layers.