[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon May 19 20:03:34 UTC 2008

Reinout van Rees wrote:
> Daniel Nouri schreef:
>
>> For simple content types, do we need something other than
>> plone.app.content and a supporting form library?  (I had the impression
>> that you're doing this in some projects already, Martin?)  And wouldn't
>> this approach, once it's proven to work well, tremendously simplify the
>> story of developing with Plone?
>
> plone.app.content is something that flew under my radar somehow. I
> originally saw it as a place for content-related stuff to end up: folder
> listings and so. That is what I encountered when grepping.
>
> Content types, too? I did see something in there. That's probably
> something that has to be advertised a bit more.

I think it should be advertised a bit more when it's something that's ab
it more generally useful. :)

For now, using raw plone.app.content is still something you should only
do if you know what you're doing, I think. Better not create confusion
with Archetypes and the rest.

Of course, if I have my way, you'll only talk to it through Dexterity,
once it's done. :)

Martin