[Product-Developers] Where does it hurt?

Erik Rose corp2 at grinchcentral.com
Mon May 19 19:03:57 UTC 2008

David Bain-5 wrote:

> 1. The best code examples are short, task specific and complete. I like
> https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/browser/weblion/FacultyStaffDirectory/branches/homegrown-extensibility/examples/FacultyStaffDirectoryExtender

In an unlucky coincidence, I recently retired that branch. Here's a link
that works:
https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/browser/weblion/FacultyStaffDirectory/tags/2.0/examples/FacultyStaffDirectoryExtender

David Bain-5 wrote:

> SchemaExtender
> I had similar difficulty when learning about utilities and events and
> archetypes.schemaextender. BTW... when learning archetypes.schemaextender
> found that the visual tutorial was very helpful but the lack of sound was
> annoying:
> http://plone.org/events/regional/plone-symposium-2008/schema-extender-extends-your-mind(look
> for the video link at the bottom of the page) still very useful so
> thanks Erik Rose.

You're welcome! Here's a version with sound but less readable text:
http://plone.tv/media/1099397688/view

Someday I'll get around to voicing over the Keynote presentation....

Cheers,
Erik