[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Mon May 19 14:53:18 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Michael Hierweck wrote:

> Daniel Nouri wrote:
>>
>> The idea is that, if you use 'index' as the class attribute name for
>> your template, you'll be able to override it *even if* the template
>> is
>> assigned in Python code.  This is equivalent to specifying the
>> template
>> via ZCML.
>
> Is this special for the attribute "index"? Is this documented
> somewhere?

Yes, it's special.  The handler for the template attribute in ZCML
overwrites the index attribute on the view's class (if there is one).
I haven't seen it documented; I learned this by looking through Five's
source. :-/

David Glick
Project Associate
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
(206) 286-1235 x32

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup