[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon May 19 08:20:55 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli schreef:

>  - Areas where there appears to be more than one approach, and it's not
> clear which one to choose

Hooking templates up with views. I scream and curse every time someone
puts a hardcoded ZopePageTemplateFile('myhardcodedname.pt') in code. I
had to *monkeypatch* plone.app.content to wire in a different template
to render the folder listing (order of columns had to be different).

If we're going to be buried in zcml, please also use it for the places
where it is actually useful. Like the 'template' attribute so that you
can override it.

I have to customize something once every two months that someone else
apparently considered to be of the category "no one will ever want to
customize this, so I'll just hardcode the template".

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/
reinout at vanrees.org          Work: http://zestsoftware.nl/