[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Michael Hierweck team at edv-serviceteam.net
Mon May 19 06:39:52 UTC 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously vedaw wrote:
>> One last wish list item: you should not have to change your theme's version #
>> and reinstall the product just to get your viewlets to move. Reinstalling
>> should be sufficient.
>
> Reinstalling already is sufficient. Always has been. You don't even need
> to do a full reinstall; you can also only reload the viewlets
> GenericSetup import step.

Apropos reinstalling:

* Can we make GS/Quickinstaller more verbose when failing to import GS
XML files? Even a note which XML file(s) are broken would be helpful.

* Can we add a "reinstall"-Funktion to the QuickInstaller to reinstall
products/packages even when they are not updated?

Both would make development turnarounds faster.

Michael