[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

vedaw veda at onenw.org
Mon May 19 02:54:37 UTC 2008

+10000

We're plotting a theming sprint at the conference, and I really would love
to rope some developers in there to work on some of these items David
mentions. I don't want to spend all of our valuable time simply producing
themes; I want to think about what the future will bring for us
technology-wise.

I believe we need to uber-simplify how themes are built, and David's ideas
touch on exactly what I'm thinking. I think we still need to allow TTW
modifications, but I still would like to lean more towards filesystem-based
development as the primary path.

I'd also like to look at finding a better way of registering viewlets, or at
the very least improving how @@manage-viewlets works. It's hard, with a
complex theme, to read this view and make sense of it.

Would love to hear more on gloworm, subskins, CSS Manager, and how we could
potentially tie some of these tools together more tightly.

Thanks,

- Veda