[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Ricardo Alves rsa at eurotux.com
Sun May 18 19:46:47 UTC 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>>> * How to extend member profiles
>> Agree - we probably need better technology for this.
>
> 90% of the times someone asks for this the correct answer is simply 'add
> properties in portal_memberdata', which has been working for years. For
> the common case I still remain unconvinced we need remember, membrane,
> ore.member or something else..

I agree that what most people want is to simply add new member
properties, but I'm not so sure about the 90%...

Anyway, in the past years I've been using CMFMember (and now remember)
in several projects, mainly when a member approval workflow is needed.
And, of course, in these situations members also benefit from AT
features: they can be easily enhanced with references, rich text/media
fields... But workflow is definitely the requirement that drives me to
use a member-as-content solution.

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Alves <rsa at eurotux.com>