[Product-Developers] Re: Where does it hurt?

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sun May 18 13:54:01 UTC 2008

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> This is great - thanks a lot!
>
> Michael Hierweck wrote:
> >Hi Martin,
> >
> >Martin Aspeli wrote:
> >>
> >> - Areas where there's insufficient/poor documentation, but once you
> >>learn how to do something, it's clear how to proceed.
> >
> >* How Plone make use of underlying technologies
>
> Agree - we should document this better.
>
> >* How to extend member profiles
>
> Agree - we probably need better technology for this.

90% of the times someone asks for this the correct answer is simply 'add
properties in portal_memberdata', which has been working for years. For
the common case I still remain unconvinced we need remember, membrane,
ore.member or something else..

> To me, p.a.c today is a building block for bigger and better things that
> are still in the R&D phase.

I'ld call it an experimental prototype. You can do things with it, but
we may just as well replace it with something else.

Wichert.