[Product-Developers] Where does it hurt?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun May 18 11:05:25 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

Following a long discussion with Dylan Jay (buried in another thread on
Devilstick terminology), I thought I'd conduct an informal poll.

  ==> As a customiser of Plone, or as someone wanting to build bespoke
components that extend Plone, what do you find most confusing?

I think this could fall into a few categories:

  - Areas where there's insufficient/poor documentation, but once you
learn how to do something, it's clear how to proceed.

  - Areas where there appears to be more than one approach, and it's not
clear which one to choose

  - Areas where Plone doesn't appear to have a good way to do something

Please keep replies as succinct and factual as possible. I'm really not
interested in a winge fest by people who've been frustrated in the past.
I'd much rather have constructive feedback on where the pain is and, if
possible, suggestions for how to improve things.

Cheers,
Martin