[Product-Developers] [iw.fss]

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Wed May 14 16:28:37 UTC 2008

Le 14 mai 08 à 18:05, Andreas Jung a écrit :

> --On 14. Mai 2008 15:08:30 +0200 Gilles Lenfant <gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Le 13 mai 08 à 20:14, Andreas Jung a écrit :
>>
>>> First FSS is a great product - however there are some issues:
>>>
>>> - I created a new Plone 3.1 setup using Buildout + iw.recipe.fss. I
>>> created
>>> two sites using FSS. Both sites store their data under
>>> subdirectory -
>>> they share the same top-level directory  - bug or feature?
>>
>> Hi,

[...]

>> If you kept the default settings, it's a feature, if you made a per
>> site
>> configuration, it may be a bug because two site specific config
>> cannot
>> share the same FS path (Zope doesn't start and logs an explicit error
>> message about FSS settings) - but I need more info to be
>> affirmative on
>> this ;)
>>
>> Have a look in path/to/iw/fss/configuration to see how we use
>> ZConfig.
>
> I am using the default configuration.

So it's a feature, and not a bug (yeah ;o)

Note that as of next version that will  come in few days, the default
storage space could only have "flat" or "directory" strategy since
"site1" and "site2" strategies may result on walking on other site's
feet. In that case, Zope will refuse to start with an explicit error
message.

> <sites>
> storage-strategy site1
> storage-path  $$INSTANCEHOME/var//%(site_id)s/fss
> #  storage-path  $$INSTANCEHOME/var//%(path_to_site)s/fss
> </sites>
>
> FSS could fill in either the id of a plone site or the flat path
> to a site (in case of ambiguity).

Yup, this sounds realistic and reasonable, this means :

* FSS should create its storage directories for the site in its GS
handler (better place ?)
* Users should **never** rename or move a Plone site with FSS installed.

Cheers
--
Gilles Lenfant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632