[Product-Developers] [iw.fss]

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Wed May 14 13:08:30 UTC 2008

Le 13 mai 08 à 20:14, Andreas Jung a écrit :

> First FSS is a great product - however there are some issues:
>
> - I created a new Plone 3.1 setup using Buildout + iw.recipe.fss. I
> created
>  two sites using FSS. Both sites store their data under subdirectory -
>  they share the same top-level directory  - bug or feature?

Hi,

You may configure FSS settings site per site, see the comments in /
path/to/iw.fss/iw/fss/etc/plone-filesystemstorage.conf.in. The way
files are physically stored depends on the "strategy" you put in per
site config sections. The place to store depend on "storage-path" and
"backup-path" conf variables.

If you kept the default settings, it's a feature, if you made a per
site configuration, it may be a bug because two site specific config
cannot share the same FS path (Zope doesn't start and logs an explicit
error message about FSS settings) - but I need more info to be
affirmative on this ;)

Have a look in path/to/iw/fss/configuration to see how we use ZConfig.

> - while development or migration I create lots of sites every day
> (all with
>  different names (basically a timestamp)). It is not handy to modify
> the
>  plone-filesystemstorage.conf every time. Is there a way to tell FSS
>  "Here is your top-level directory, store your data under per-site
>  directories <plone-site-id>"?

Not at the moment, but a mini spec for this and contribution are
welcome. This could be the future default configuration but this would
break compatibility with existing configuration files.

Cheers
--
Gilles Lenfant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632