[Product-Developers] Re: [GenericSetup] infinite import_stepx.xml loop

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:41:13 UTC 2008

Andreas Jung writes:

> --On 13. Mai 2008 16:15:55 +0200 Raphael Ritz wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> my product A has a profile with one import step within
>>> its import_steps.xml. Within this step the product
>>> calls installProduct() for several products..this works so far.
>>>
>>> However I see that the my import step handler is called again infinitely
>>> when trying to install some product B (obviously defining its own
>>> profile).
>>>
>>> Any idea how to get out of this problem?
>>
>> Not sure this helps here but have you defined a so-called 'flag file'
>> that's checked for existence by the import step to make sure it's
>> only run when installing this very product?
>>

> Jup, already tried with a persistent flag however this seems disappear
> between invocations :->

By flag file Raphael is referring to something like like
plone_various.txt [1], which is checked for by the import handler [2].

[1] http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/3.1/profiles/default/plone_various.txt
[2] http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/3.1/setuphandlers.py#L497

Daniel