[Product-Developers] can't find kupu_library_tool

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Mon May 12 15:44:06 UTC 2008

zope 2.10.4
plone 3.0.5

getToolByName(ctx, 'kupu_library_tool') gives an Attribute error because
it can't find the kupu_library_tool. yet i can see it in my zmi. any
ideas why? this code is running in an initialize() for a product. I've
stepped through getToolByName and see that it's not found, but don't
have the skills to dig into the C code behind aq_get(). :(

from Products.CMFCore import utils
# ... lines pass ...
kupuTool = utils.getToolByName(context, 'kupu_library_tool')

Thanks!

Derek