[Product-Developers] GS/QS installing issues on Plone 3.1

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon May 12 13:45:56 UTC 2008

For a new project/product (for Plone 3.1) I am setting up a complete
installation infrastructure.

 - defining an extension profile for the project creates a new item within
   the add/remove programs control panel - fine

Questions:

 - how do you define additional 3rd-party products that should be installed
   additionally (should replace installProduct() calls as one did in former
   times within Extenstions/Install.py)?

 - while having an extension profile and a local Extension/Install.py file,
   the Install.install() does not seem to be executed using this approach?
   Or am I missing something? In my case I need additional actions being
   taken (e.g. for setting up some vocabularies with ATVocabularyManager).

Andreas