[Product-Developers] Exposing pseudo content objects to the standard nav tree

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Sat May 10 19:22:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

I made a content type that uses an XML bunch. Parsing that XML bunch
makes a tree of volatile subobjects.

Till then this is pretty classical and easy and fast (thanks to lxml).

To navigate across those subobjects, I could make a portlet and tweak
the URL traversal rules of that content type. But I need to include
the inner subobjects navigation into the standard navigation portlet.

As the subobjects are far to be 1st class plone objects and not
indexed (and will never be indexed) I'm somehow stuck to achieve this.

Cloning these subobjects to persitent classical content tree is not an
option for me.

(badly?) Grepping the source code involved in navigation logic didn't
show interfaces and adapters for such situation. Am I missing something?

Thanks by advance for any pointer (note, this is for Plone 3.x of
course)
--
Gilles Lenfant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632