[Product-Developers] selectable marker interfaces

Wouter Vanden Hove wouter at netcentric.be
Fri May 9 19:55:18 UTC 2008

hi,
I have following question about marker interfaces.

I would like a custom marker interface to be available for certain
ATFolders,  but only for specific *instances*. (For the moment I would
manually enable the marker-interface in the ZMI interfaces-tab or via
python-script)

But if I don't register the interface for anything in ZCML, it doesn't show
up as a selectable interface.  So it seems you need to register it for at
least one class in ZCML.
However I don't  want it to register for
Products.ATContentTypes.content.folder.ATFolder

Creating a dummy class for that seems like a hack.
Is there a more elegant solution for this?

--
WouterVH
netcentric.be