[Product-Developers] Re: How can we win the battle for developers?

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Wed May 7 16:17:43 UTC 2008

Le 7 mai 08 à 16:12, Roberto Allende a écrit :

> Dylan Jay wrote:
>> Are other people finding is hard to find good plone integrators/
>> developers that need work?

[...]

> A serious problem we have in our company, menttes work just with
> Plone, is how expensive is to add/train new developers. Is very hard
> to find python or zope developers out there. So, we've to train
> every new person in all the stack, and this is a big investment for
> a small company.

And the learning curve of Python + Zope2/3 + Plone is about 6 months
for a good newbie. And Plone 3 added about 1 month to that learning
curve - compared with Plone 2.

I think that one of the goals for Plone 4 (5?) should be to cut this
learning curve to 4 months, this should really attract more people to
Plone.

Sincerely
--
Gilles Lenfant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632