[Product-Developers] Re: How can we win the battle for developers?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed May 7 06:44:33 UTC 2008

--On 7. Mai 2008 16:11:03 +1000 Dylan Jay <gmane at dylanjay.com> wrote:

> And this will mean that in the future there will be less Plone work and
> less Plone core development.
> So I'm asking where do people think good developers come from and why
> aren't using Plone?

Because different people have different problems of different complexity.
As you know, Grok is addressing those people. Keep in mind that Plone is a
*CMS* and not every Python developer needs a CMS for writing a web
applications. There are a lot of cases where Plone is just the wrong
framework. Developers will write components for Plone if they have the need
for writing them. On the other hand: a good design Python component can be
usually integrated easily within Plone with some wrapper code. One approach
for simplify developing with Plone would be to integrate GROK-style
technology into Zope and Plone. I think this issue is currently being
addressed from what I've seen on lists and blogs during the last weeks.

Andreas