[Product-Developers] How can we win the battle for developers?

Dylan Jay gmane at dylanjay.com
Tue May 6 23:07:49 UTC 2008

Are other people finding is hard to find good plone
integrators/developers that need work?

I just wanted to open this up for dicussion this has been something that
has been troubling me for awhile.

Will plone survive if people picking up web development for the first
time prefer php, django, rails or .net to z2/z3?

Why do we care?
I care in the short term because its hard to expand a business without
developers. Clients face the same problem. If they are cluey their
criteria for picking a platform will included the availability of
development resources regardless of how cool the technology is.

but in the bigger picture open source survives by attracting new
developers. If there are no new z2/z3 developers then plone will die right?

oh and new developers mean cool new sites or cool new addons, which
means publicity outside the community, which means more work for those
who integrate plone.

So how can we win this battle?

Dylan.