[Product-Developers] Re: task/time tracking for multiple clientprojects

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Fri May 2 15:33:57 UTC 2008

Amen, Sidnei!

FWIW, we've had tremendous success using Salesforce.com to manage our ~20 person nonprofit consulting practice... we track all of our (hundreds of) clients, donors/supporters, key contacts, projects, time entries, etc. in a moderately customized instance of Salesforce.

We supplement this with lightweight client-facing instances of Trac and sometimes Basecamp, to manage the ephemeral in-project tasks that we don't need to remember for ever.  Billable hours get logged in Salesforce, though.

We, too, have experimented with open-source solutions (e.g. DotProject) and found them seriously wanting.

:jon