[Product-Developers] Re: task/time tracking for multiple client projects

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu May 1 07:35:48 UTC 2008

Dylan Jay schreef:
> Keeping track of multiple concurrent jobs with regard to task lists,
> scheduling and estimation is becoming a pain for me so I'm looking for
> simple solution.
> What do you guys use?

There's the plone product "extreme management" that you might try.
Oriented towards extreme programming style of planning. So stories
(=customer functionality requests) subdivided into tasks (=technical
things that need to happen.). Tasks are assigned to people. Workflowed
("new", "active", "completed", that sort of things).

Also everyone has a central list of all the tasks he has. There are some
overviews on how many hours people are booked on projects and so.

A couple of companies are using it. It works quite well for iterative
development. If you just want a list of tasks, it might be overkill,
though. We also book our hours using this system: we use it to bill our
customers :-) They love the transparency.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/
reinout at vanrees.org          Work: http://zestsoftware.nl/