[Product-Developers] Plone Developer Cheatsheet (Was: Re: Where does it hurt?)

Dylan Jay gmane at dylanjay.com
Thu May 29 00:18:37 UTC 2008

Hi Guys

Following on from the "Where does it hurt?" discussion. I've come up
with an idea that I think could help reduce the learning curve but I
need your help.

I've created a Plone Developers Cheatsheet.
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plonecheatsheet

The idea is a complete list of what you need to learn reduced down to
just best practice, not the extraneous stuff.

It's an open project and I like you all to be the first members and help
get it to a suitably complete state that we can link it from plone.org
documentation. It's very empty right now. Please be the first add and edit.

It's my hope that it becomes useful enough to each of us for keeping
tabs on what what is best practice and whats the current best tutorial
for something. At the same time remains simple enough to help guide a
newbie developer into plone.

I fully expect that some decisions on what is best practice will be
controversial. Hopefully this is a good place to record the results of
those debates and perhaps the associated mailing list is good place to
have those debates. or on here.

Also you can be brutally honest and tell me if you think this won't work
and why.

Dylan.